Innovation through collaboration and networking
Slovenski gradbeni grozd
Construction Cluster of SloveniaContact us!
After more than 10 years in active participation in EU research and development projects, skills development project and technology transfer projects we understand the main reasons for successful and unsuccessful implementation of commercialisation of innovation.We started as a construction cluster and through transformation we developed services which could help organisations in each sector.
We offer workshops for Business model innovation, which is a new competitive advantage (including for Circular Economy and commercialisation of Innovation). We also offer our networking potential.
We seek for organisations who understand the necessity of change in rapidly changing environment, who are intended to unlock their hidden potential and explore their business models and seek for possibilities for reinvention and are willing to cooperate with independent professionals. We can help them finding solutions to reinvent their value proposition and therefore their profit.
One of the main reasons for startups and enterprises fail is “no-market need” for their products. This not mean that their products or services are useless. It more describing the situation when the understanding about what problems could be solved with the use of the products or services or what “jobs to be done” could be done for the customers is not on the highest level of understanding.
For that reason we help startups, enterprises and other clusters redefine their business model and value proposition to be more successful, sell more and have more profit.
We usually do this with the combination of coaching and workshop facilitation.
Important: this is not only for construction or construction related companies. We can help companies and clusters in various fields of expertise. We can also help companies be more circular, including their business models.
Vaše 41a, Medvode,
CCS as innovation cluster
The main goal of the CONSTRUCTION CLUSTER OF SLOVENIA, CCS (SLOVENSKI GRADBENI GROZD) is to improve domestic and international competitiveness of its members through commercial cooperation and networking, R&D and innovation, education, training and policy action. The cluster was established in 2004 by construction companies and institutions in the fields of building design, consulting, engineering, contracting and production of building materials and products. It is an Economic Interest Grouping (not-for-profit). CSS is an open organization to all interested stakeholders in the construction sector and related technological domains.
The main competences of the CCS as innovation cluster are:
- Preparation of RTD proposals for national and EU public and private funding
- Collaboration in RTD projects implementation, representing industry association and industry needs and expectations, and/or directly involving cluster members (industry actor) to project activities, and/or in dissemination and exploitation activities
- EU and national R&D and innovation projects coordination and management, including costs / financial reporting
- Coordination and management of dissemination and exploitation actions in EU funded RTD projects, consultancy and deployment of exploitation activities, technology transfer and intellectual property issues.
- Cluster and other new collaborative organisational and business models development and implementation. Innovation management
- National and international networking, policy actions (ECTP, E2B),
Areas of interest
Due to heterogeneity of the cluster members there is no common RTD topic or topics like industrialization, but a list of areas of interest for EU and trans-national cooperation:
- New and renewed technologies (advanced materials and composites, road construction technologies, smart building materials, intelligent structures, new optimized construction technologies, prefabrication and automation, sustainable construction processes, intensified use of ICT in construction, building bionics and biomimetics …).
- Sustainable buildings and construction (design, construction, retrofitting, assessment, commissioning, operation and maintenance)
- Protection of the environment (building waste management, sustainable urban drainage systems, neutralization of harmful substances in building materials…).
- Heritage preservation (identification of current state of heritage and planning of retrofitting priorities, consequence based approach to heritage preservation, advanced application of tradition materials and low-intrusive retrofitting techniques, energy efficiency in heritage building…).
- Energy efficiency and renewables in buildings and districts
- Water efficiency buildings and districts
- Green skills and jobs development (vocational and professional training and education)
- New business and financing models in sustainable construction and energy retrofitting and renovation /clusters, virtual organisations…
- Circular economy in construction sector